• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 29, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I got my mom to play dark souls today

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    She beat the asylum demon on her second try, I did not tell her anything. She's a natural, picked pyromancer on her own and everything, I'm so proud.

    I'll keep y'all updated

    Edit she's going in blind, I told her she can call me if she has issues but not to look stuff up

    Edit 2 what should I recommend if she needs an easy mode/easy button

    submitted by /u/burkeydurkeydoo
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos helped me kill him

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    So first of all, this boss is terrible but mostly disappointing. I love Lost Izalith and the levels before (Demon Ruins) where you kill the Firesage Demon and the Centipede demon. Fire in games is just such a cool aspect most of the times but that BoC carries the Lord Soul is disappointing. The run to the boss is awful, the inconsistency of BoC is stupid and pretty much RnG but worst part is, theres nothing fun about this boss. I mean I was happy when i killed it but still more disappointed.

    Anyway, when it started i was just trying to hit his hand and started on the right side but had to go there again when i noticed you had to hit the left part first.

    Then, after a few deaths and i only had the middle part left to hit/kill, i just tried to run as quick as possible to the middle where the treepath appeared but just before i reached that part Bed of Chaos thought i could use some help so it did the stupid hand swipe which made me flew onto the tree in the middle. This was obviously pure luck that i landed perfectly on my way to the bed but most of the times luck makes me happy and satisfied but i felt bad after beating this awful boss.

    submitted by /u/Tobiasvb2003
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is easy. Anyone who says otherwise is stu-

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    Dark souls 2 or sekiro

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    Like the title says just looking for some good advice . I played ds3 first and it blew me away found out my Friend had ds1 loved it more than the third then I beat bloodborne.ive herd mixed things about ds2 and sekiro but I have an itch that needs scratch. So Wich should I choose.

    submitted by /u/justsimplethoughts
    [link] [comments]

    Lets talk about the worse non boss enemy in the game.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:51 PM PDT

    Hollow thieves, lets see there fast, can parry, have a ranged attack, have a backstab, like to dodge, are always near an attack dog (to my knowledge), have a shield, have bleed weapons, and are one of the only enemys that can knock you out of a fog gate, I get dark souls is meant to be hard but do the dev's really think a still relatively new character (without a decent amount of skill) can take out three of them at a time with two or three attack dogs if the player did not deal with them before, and having low HP is not much of a fix as they have I think three ways to deal with melee attacks, at least casters kill them without much effort.

    submitted by /u/ooitheone
    [link] [comments]

    Four King on NG+ are way more than I bargained for

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    I'm literally fucking done with this game, damned Four Cunts are really living up to their name right now. Keep beating them within an inch of their life and I end up dying for some dumbass reason while still at full health. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tourettesman02
    [link] [comments]

    Few things

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 02:42 AM PDT

    First on my pyro I killed the Taurus demon without it falling off so I am proud here. Second I finally found the lock on button on my Controller. Third the Taurus demon dropped his demon great axe so I am now pondering going with that. Thoughts?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RetroGamer1224
    [link] [comments]

    Games with a similar map design/gameplay to DkS1

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    I've been playing through DkS3 after beating DkS1, and aside from the graphics and weapon arts I honestly hate it. The fact that I'm unable to choose my own route to progress through just makes me want to put the game down. (other reasons like ganking, infinite dodge rolls, and the FP system rather than spell slots kinda ruin it for me too, but the map is the main thing)

    That being said, anybody here know of some other games that have a map that can be tackled in (almost) any way/route, or even just games that are really similar to DkS1 overall?

    submitted by /u/ScooberyDoobery
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for sunlight medals

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    I have 9 sunlight medals and am looking for my tenth. Trying to beat four kings before placing the lord vessel and would like to have sunlight blade for it, will place my summon sign and help anyone out. I'm soul level 57.

    submitted by /u/Zeph_Daddy
    [link] [comments]

    I beat every boss on NG+6

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    So I guess I've officially beaten everything the game can throw at me, so that's kinda cool I guess. I wish I had been more careful with my souls/bloodstains though, because I just barely fell short of 99 vitality.

    I did it with a midrolling tank greatshield build with the Grant. Here are the details: https://imgur.com/a/LNH4aaD

    submitted by /u/Viztep
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY finished all three Dark Souls games! I would love to talk about my experience and share my thoughts on some bosses.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    First of all, some basic stuff about my playthrough:

    1. I played through 2 first (which took 62 hours), then 3 (which took 45 hours), then 1 (which took 58 hours). I started in May of 2017, and just finished the series today (took some big breaks).

    2. I primarily played simple dex/strength builds (only ever leveled vitality, endurance, strength and dex)

    3. I solo ran every boss (no summons) and never looked up cheese methods or strategies or secret stuff (except for some general advice a couple times)

    4. I pretty much only did the required bosses (boss battles stress me out, so I never tried optional ones)

    5. I always had a map of the game pulled up though. No item locations, just a basic map of each area so I knew how everything was connected (in hindsight, it would have been more fun without it)


    Here are some general thoughts on the series:

    1. These games are very challenging. Lots of secret pathways you have to find, deceptive enemies that do a lot of damage, important details that are easy to miss, and overwhelming boss battles with a steep learning curve.

    2. These games are pretty well polished (with the exception of DS1), but because they're designed to punish you, dying on account of some glitch or gimmicky mechanic is EXTREMELY frustrating.

    3. But when the game is running as intended, it does an INCREDIBLE job of forcing you to make a tough decision: get frustrated and call the game stupid, or "get gud" as they say—figure out why you died, and fix the problem. Rinse and repeat until you have a good rhythm, then keep truckin' until that boss is dead.

    4. Lastly, I want to recognize these games for actually helping me learn to be more patient under duress. Never in my life have I been able to keep calm and calculated while playing a challenging game. These games beat the shit out of me until I learned to push aside the rage and think rationally about what's happening. Find your own weak spots, work to improve them, and be okay with dying a million times for the sake of improving as a player. There's some good stuff in there for real life difficulty as well!


    Here are my thoughts on some of the bosses:

    DARK SOULS

    Bell Gargoyle: most people seem to say this one is easy, but I had a VERY hard time getting one knocked out before the second one killed me. Never figured out a great strategy, just got lucky eventually. Definitely walked off the roof a few times too.

    Capra Demon: never realized he was optional, and I wish I had. Between him and the two dogs and the very small area and the sketchy camera controls, this one was very frustrating and not very fun.

    Quelaag: This one took me a lot of tries, but wasn't too difficult—I just had a hard time keeping space around her and not getting stuck pinned to a wall. It was a lot easier to chill and take this one slow, which was good.

    Four Kings: SO easy once I realized I just needed to do it really fast. Took me a while to figure out that they barely damage you up close. Just had to hit them a bunch, run away from their little explosion thing, and I never had to fight more than one at a time. Pretty creepy start to a battle though…I didn't like seeing him float to me from the void the first time I did it. It was nice not to have a ledge to fall off of! Running to him from the closest bonfire SUUUUUUUUUCKED though.

    Gaping Dragon: TERRIBLE hitboxes. So hard to dodge to his side and not get killed in basically one hit while he runs around. Not the best execution of a massive creature boss in this game. My attacks even clipped through him a few times.

    Sif: This one was kinda tricky for me, I really had a hard time properly dodging the spin attacks. Plus his constant hopping away got pretty annoying. I respect the big doggo though, and regret having to kill him. The run to him took a long time and got super boring.

    Gwyn: Incredibly fast and hard to avoid getting hit. Eventually I realized how much easier he was to beat as long as I stayed as close to him as possible. Any distance and he would tear me to pieces. Up close, he did less damage and was way easier to parry.

    Nito: I'm still not sure I understand this boss. Felt like I had to rely too much on RNG and for some reason I had to just avoid aggro-ing the big skellies if I wanted to survive. Just had to hope that he would do his explosion attack so I could hit him without getting attacked by the smaller enemies. Didn't find it fun at all, especially having to run so far every time to the fog wall.

    Ornstein and Smough: FUCK. I must have tried this battle 50+ times, no exaggeration. 100% the hardest of all boss battles in the series for me. The whole "learn from your mistakes and improve" process was incredible slow. There is little to no room for error here, and finding a spot to attack takes a very long time. Plus you have to deal with quite a few glitch/gimmicky things that just add to the challenge and frustration. Eventually, over time, I had a good rhythm, and just waited until the right RNG came along to give me a good shot. And a long-ish run to the fog wall every time was the icing on the cake.

    Seath the Scaleless: Super hard at first because hit tentacles are always moving, and my framerate dropped a TON every time he turned around. He was incredibly easy though once I realized I could just hit him right on his stomach and get away easily. The most damage is done there and he's very predictable when you avoid going behind him. One of the worst runs from the nearest bonfire across all 3 games I think.

    Taurus Demon: Pretty gimmicky fighting on such a small area. But it was easy for me once he just decided to walk off and end the battle early.


    DARK SOULS 2

    The Pursuer: one of the first ones I really had to try a LOT of times to figure out. The bosses with more fluid movement always throw me off.

    The Skeleton Lords: I actually beat this one on my first try, but it was the most butt clenching I've ever done. Had no idea what I was getting myself into, but somehow I survived long enough to keep killing off the skellies and make some progress. Super overwhelming, 10/10.

    Flexile Sentry: also one of the hardest in the series for me. The slow movement in the water was VERY stressful, and I was pretty new to the games still, so it took me a long time to really get it. Probably relied on more luck/RNG than anything when I finally beat it.

    Smelter Demon: not that hard to beat thankfully, because running to him was damn near impossible. Skinny little bridges with knights on them? No thanks.

    Throne Watcher/Defender: one of the hardest of the series, probably pretty close to O&M. This battle is what kept me from beating DS2 for a very long time. I had actually started 3 before I went back and eventually beat them.


    DARK SOULS 3

    Deacons of the Deep: pretty stressful for sure, the overwhelming ones like this are really hard to keep a good strategy for. But this one also seems like it just needs to be done quick before it gets out of your control.

    Pontiff Sulyvahn: definitely top 5 hardest in the series for me. For sure one of the fastest, plus the ghost twin really added a tough twist to it. Not too unpredictable though, which I think made all the difference.

    Dancer of Boreal Valley: she was so slow moving and fluid, it totally threw off everything I thought I knew about boss battles. Plus she has so many different attacks, it was hard to keep track of.

    Lothric and Lorian: also top 5 hardest for sure. Very predictable, but it takes so much time dodging attacks and slowly taking down their health that you end up using most of your estus every time. It took me a long time to get this one figured out.

    Soul of Cinder: very predictable, but VERY few good windows for attacking. There's hardly a second he's not attacking, so this one must have taken a straight half hour for me to finish. Plus a second stage with a new full health bar was always discouraging.


    THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to read any of this. These games are amazing and it feels like the end of an era for me. Praise the sun, good luck skeleton, get gud, all that stuff. Now onto Sekiro!

    submitted by /u/xAbednego
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of the different catalysts?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Like. What reason should I use the Izalith catalyst over the sorcerers? What things should I look for when choosing one to use?

    submitted by /u/Brian_Lawrence01
    [link] [comments]

    How did Sif get so damn big?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    When we find him in the chasm of the abyss in the past, he's basically a relatively normal sized dogger. Obviously the size he is in his boss fight makes so much more sense for a boss fight and im not sayin he shouldnt be that big, im just curious as to whether or not there is a story/lore-related explanation or theories

    submitted by /u/AyyxLmaoxZedong
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a horror game for Halloween? Try this:

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I've been thinking of a fun horror themed Souls play through, and was trying to leverage what I know I enjoy: Item/Enemy Randomizers. So I thought of how to make it a bit more "spooky," and thus I found the Pure Darkness mod. So on top of having 5 Manus chase you through the Undead Burg, you now can't see jack!

    The mods I am using are:

    I usually run 20% Normal enemy -> Boss replacement chance, so things can get fairly interesting. If you'd like to see how Anor Londo looks with this setup: https://youtu.be/7nx4bAcllTg

    If you have any other suggestions for mods to pump into this, I'd be happy to hear it. I only took the very shallow end of "horror," but making it dark.

    submitted by /u/DistractionCrab
    [link] [comments]

    First Time DS1- Capra Demon thoughts.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    Firstly, let me take the time to tell everyone that I have only just got hooked into Dark Souls. I bought the game years ago on Xbox 360 and a friend tried to carry me through using summons but the game felt obtuse (probably because he was carting me through and a lot of the discovery was lost on me). Years later I got into Nioh on PS4 and loved it- it was then I knew I should try Dark Souls again. I've only just started Dark Souls Remastered on PS4 (jablonskijohn if anyone wants to add me) and I finally have gotten into this masterpiece.

    I've battled through, killed the gargoyles and triumphantly rang the first bell. I then ventured down using the basement key. All was going well until I to come face to face with probably the cheapest piece of shit boss I've ever had the displeasure of meeting- The Capra Demon. I've eventually beaten him after 17,000 teeth bursting attempts all whilst struggling to fight back the urge to violently ram my PS4 controller deep into my clenched-tight anal passage. Fuck The Capra Demon. It was all going so well, too. I was enjoying this game... finally after some years- please someone reassure me that there aren't further cheap-ass dickholes like The Capra Demon lurking later in the game. My ass might not survive this time.

    submitted by /u/0neCrispyBoi
    [link] [comments]

    DS remastered things to look out for?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    Its been years since i played ds1 and i want to play it without looking anything up and enjoy it like i did the first time. Is there a list of things to do or not do so i don't lose out on anything

    submitted by /u/Hotdookie4u215
    [link] [comments]

    Priscilla's dagger

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    Can anyone drop this for me for the night's honor achievement? I'm on pc and I keep killing her and I dont want to go through the entire game again in ng+3

    submitted by /u/Ifoundabucket
    [link] [comments]

    Are people still doing PS3/ XBOX 360 online summoning?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    I just wondered as I was thinking about buying Dark souls for the PS3. So is there still people playing online waiting to be summoned? Or is online basically dead?

    submitted by /u/junglephox
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally killed Laurentius and Eingyi, and my pyromancers flame was only +9. Is there any way to get that up more, or am I just screwed?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    So I didn't realize that Laurentius would get himself hollow in Blighttown if you tell him about the chaos pyromancy, and I also had to kill Eingyi after I killed the Fair Lady for her firekeeper soul, so now I don't think I have anyone who can upgrade my pyromancy flame anymore. What do I do? I'm pretty late game already, only Nito, the Bed of Chaos and Gwyn left to fight so I don't wanna restart just for pyromancy, and I'm a strength build anyways so it isn't super important, but it'd be nice to have my fire orbs as a viable option. Any suggestions or am I just done for this playthrough?

    submitted by /u/mikedaman101
    [link] [comments]

    Glitch where I cant pick up first key in the game?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Dark Souls Vet, just got the game on switch. Started a new game and I cant pick up the first key to open the cell door. What the hell is up? I switched the B & A controls and I tried switching the controls back but to no avail, quitting the game and all. ???? What is up?

    submitted by /u/JustusJoelPerry
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about the online part.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I started playing Dark souls in March of this year, and it immediately got me hooked. I loved the super rewarding feeling of getting smashed by a boss or area 15 times in a row and finally beating it. It really is an amazing game , and the level design is insane as many others have stated. However, when i started playing , i played on a pirated copy that i torrented, so i could only play offline. I made it to the Artorias boss fight and finally i decided to buy a legitimate copy, even though I've owned a DS2 and DS3 for a while, i haven't played either of them, DS1 is my first souls game , and up till now I only played offline on my pirate copy.

    So my question is this, now that i have a legit copy of the game, how does online play or even pvp work? I'm confused about the whole invading people to kill them or summoning people to help you with bosses part. Thank you in advance sunbros. Don't you dare go hollow! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/devi24
    [link] [comments]

    List of pickups that ruin matchmaking?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:07 AM PDT

    I'm trying to make a cool character for summoning at low levels, like Taurus Demon low levels.

    So I don't want to get any upgraded/unique/whatever weapons because that would prevent matching with new players. I've already had to throw away an earlier build thanks to picking up the Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress.

    Is there a list of weapons/shields to watch out for? Since you can't examine what you're about to pick up before it ruins your save.

    submitted by /u/Veovis_Muaddib
    [link] [comments]

    Can Dark Souls run on this laptop?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Im planning on getting a laptop the has a Intel Core i3 processor with a Intel HD graphics 620 and 4GB of RAM since i cant really afford a Good gaming laptop or parts for a PC and i wanna know if i can run Dark souls with it

    (This is my first time asking reddit a question so im sorry for making any mistakes)

    submitted by /u/Psychozac56
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment