• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Dark Souls I know this is a Dark Souls subreddit, but is this anyone else’s casual ‘go to’ game when they don’t know what else to play?

    Dark Souls I know this is a Dark Souls subreddit, but is this anyone else’s casual ‘go to’ game when they don’t know what else to play?


    I know this is a Dark Souls subreddit, but is this anyone else’s casual ‘go to’ game when they don’t know what else to play?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:18 PM PST

    I've only beaten this once, on Switch, and it was incredible. I was going for a Zwei build until I have up, farmed the phalanx I think? In the snow world and made a pyro build and wiped the floor with the game. It was honestly a struggle and I feel the game deserves the rep it gets for being 'NES Hard'.

    Anyways, picked up a Series X day one and bought all the Dark Souls while on sale. Despite its difficulty, for me personally, I always find myself just playing this one game. I find it very calming, as frustrating as it can be, and realize it's only as difficult as I allow it to be.

    I finally decided to go the warrior route, with a master key and use a Zwei and I'm loving it. I've been able to take out bosses fairly easily and am getting a better 'lay of the land'. This game is truly a piece of art.

    submitted by /u/Nameless2077
    [link] [comments]

    Just got all achievements in DS1

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PST

    I made sure the last thing I needed was the Channeler's Trident for Knight's Honor.

    I wanted to celebrate with the dance as the achievement popped.

    I love this game, the community was helpful with my noob questions, & I thought we could all celebrate with a channeler's dance!

    Now Im starting my first blind playthrough of DS2.

    Edit: Hi everyone! Thank you all for your comments. It means a lot!

    I was asked to post proof. Here is the Imgur permalink to the images. Ive never used Imgur before so hopefully it works:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/KH0Bwcq

    submitted by /u/such_a_kant
    [link] [comments]

    CalmSouls: Death and Relaxation

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:23 PM PST

    Even though im a noob and die constantly, this game chills me right out. Is this a common phenomena? Someone mentioned this anti-anxiety feeling in a recent comment (im sorry to post twice in 2 days but I have genuinely fallen in love with this game and need to bond with people over it).

    I wonder if the calming effect actually comes from the difficulty of the game. It forces you to become immersed to the degree that all of the noise from the external world cannot enter your psyche. Your attention is distilled down to the immediate task at hand. And with effort and focus, you really do succeed. The game rewards you for you efforts. Whereas in life sometimes you put in effort and the task seems not to reward you in the end. Maybe the message to take away from this is to add a little intentional challenge to your life. Set a timer, give yourself limitations and a little bit of pressure. Maybe this will force focus and elicit the calm that comes from playing this challenging game. Maybe the only way to relax is to raise the stakes a bit?

    Being a human being is confusing as f*ck.

    Anyway darksouls is fun, and im brand new so forgive my late-to-the-game shameless fanboying, cant help it.

    submitted by /u/new2earth17
    [link] [comments]

    I really like the Duke's Archives music, or rather, the alarm/phonograph.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:38 PM PST

    First playthrough ever, just beaten the area. I'm probably in the minority, but it really made the whole area for me. My favorite place so far.

    I'm also one of those weirdos who find Evergrace OST cool, so yeah. I have an excuse, I think.

    submitted by /u/Bobowo12
    [link] [comments]

    [Ps4] Best way to farm souls SL70

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:19 AM PST

    Hello Ashen ones. What is most efficent way for soul farming around SL 70? I need to buy some spells, miracles and pyro. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KotTeofil
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have some advice for someone new to ds1?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:08 PM PST

    I have played ds2, ds3, and bb, and got this game on Saturday. I have been messing around after killing pinwheel, moonlight, capra, taurus and gaping dragon, should I do stray demon or go through blighttown

    submitted by /u/Banana64_
    [link] [comments]

    Am i gud enough for you now, (giant)Dad?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:44 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/oEjpYnk

    Just wanted to share the Dark Soul achievement I got for DSR today!

    I made a post here about a year ago about how I finally beat the game after 8 years of trying, (thanks in part due to suggestions from this helpful community) so I figured I might as well share this also!

    Now I need to go and catch up on a lot of sleep...

    submitted by /u/n3onrider
    [link] [comments]

    To all the invaders on switch

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:31 PM PST

    Why the fuck does everyone just show up and just spam dark bead. I just feel like it's some pussy shit. Actually fight me and have fun, don't just show up and spam a shifty spell

    submitted by /u/grandmas_lover
    [link] [comments]

    Does simply having a titanite slab in your inventory make the game think you have a +15 weapon?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:00 AM PST

    Regarding Matchmaking, if I have a weapon that is only upgraded to +5 for example but I have a slab in my inventory will the game think I have a +15 weapon when playing online?

    submitted by /u/riddler69
    [link] [comments]

    Help With Last Boss

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:23 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm hoping I could summon someone to help me defeat the last boss.

    I'm standing outside his door, scared to go in to die for the 100th time.

    I'm playing on PS4.

    Hope to see you soon!

    submitted by /u/dukereuchre
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered Co-op (Xbox)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:22 PM PST

    So I've beat the game 3 times but I never got to experience the co-op since none of my friends have it. Anybody wanna do the whole game co-op?

    Also I'm gonna do this run with the starting equipment only in case you wanna get spicy.

    submitted by /u/Senor-Swoosh
    [link] [comments]

    Does DS1:Remastered come with the prepare to die DLC stuff(Boss fights/New areas)? (On Xbox 1 X)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:57 PM PST

    I've been looking around trying to find if they are the same or not but i really can't find anything useful because i don't understand what most people are saying, Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/CringeSouls2
    [link] [comments]

    Skip blight town for dark root?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PST

    I'm a new play and blighttown is whoopin mah ass. I can kill everything but I keep getting blasted by the poison dudes and then falling off in the first little area. I'm considering going to dark root forest and clearing that area because I'm under the impression it's not mandatory and is a way to a back door to lower blighttown? Any tips?

    submitted by /u/DrSillyBitchez
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:54 PM PST

    So here is the thing... I played DS 3 before I played DS 1 and I have to say DS 1 is way harder because of its bs areas and confusing and branching pathways.

    And after I finished the game I realised that how much more I liked DS 1 than DS 3. Some boss were cheesy and some were difficult but in the end it worked out. It took me a whooping 23 tries to kill Orn and Smough the first time.

    The game can be unforgiving sometimes. In my first playthrough I had to spend more time online than in the game because of the fuck ton of items and places and nobody explained what to do. I used two of my fire keeper souls thinking it might increase my estus power but you have to run all the way back and give it to the fire keeper. But even though its part of the gameplay and I feel that if you dont give your full attention and interest to the game , you cannot appreciate its beauty.

    Dark souls 1 I feel is a game everyone should experience even once in life. You will scream at the game sometimes(blighttown) and cry in disbelief but when you complete the game, you will feel absolutely empty inside... atleast I felt that way because it ended. You just long for more even though your suffering ended, your hard work payed off, you still want to play more.

    Now I loved DS 3 and DS 1 because of its gameplay.. they are so fluid and unique and rewarding. However I recently bought DS 2 and I have to say I am deeply dissapointed in the combat system. It does'nt feel right and I just can't play it. I am in pc btw. Everything is changed and the graphics and animation does'nt catch my attention like the other two did. Should I be more considerate towards DS 2 because I am so empty inside and want to play a DS game and bloodborne in not present in pc ;(.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/NotABot1100
    [link] [comments]

    I am finally playing Dark Souls!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:25 AM PST

    Dark souls has always been a "I'll get to it some day, but it looks super hard" game for years. My manager (and good friend) when I worked at a arcade always chatted about it and I'm totally sold on the idea, even the world/lore of Dark Souls. I even own both dark souls 1&2 when I got my ps3 from a friend with a massive pile of games. They have been sat in a pile of games gathering dust for years, but I knew one day I'd find some serious time. I mean I've been part of this sub for a year or so too! Any way, yesterday I put all other things aside and started at the beginning. Just a couple of questions- 1) The Prepare To Die Edition, what exactly is extra? Is the extra dlc stuff noticably different or will it all seemlessly flow together? 2) Is there any obvious "do this this first, not that" areas and bosses? 3) I'm a big reader, are there any good books that link in thematically?

    Thanks in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/grg_darby
    [link] [comments]

    Random Stat / Random Gear / Random Items / Coin Flip NPC Fate Run Idea for Non-PC Users

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:45 AM PST

    Hey there,

    So I'm pretty new to the Dark Souls world, but I just beat it for the first time earlier this week and loved every minute of it. (Well, maybe not every every minute.) I came to DS by way of Hollow Knight and the constant comparisons and I've always been very jealous of PC users who can apply mods to both HK and DS since I play on PS4 and buying a computer that can run games is not on my to-do list anytime soon. So I wanted to cobble together a play style that takes elements of randomization and give it its own twist, and here's where I'm at after one night of trying things out and landing on a system. It's gotten pretty complicated over the few hours I was testing things out, so I'm writing this down for anyone who might be looking for a weird way to play, but also a little bit for me to keep everything straight:

    First off, starting class is Deprived (11 for all stats if you've never looked at it). Your item is the pendent because it does absolutely nothing for you. Run through Asylum like normal except any time you pick up a new weapon including shields, use a randomization site to determine your load out. (I'm using numbergenerator.org because it allows easy customization which will be useful if you're doing both random gear and random items like I am). So let's say RHW1 = 1, LHW1 = 2, RHW2 = 3, and LHW2 = 4, then assign a numerical value to each weapon/shield you procure and spin. Whichever four numbers come up determines your loadout 1, 2, 3, 4.

    The deprived only comes away with 3 weapons/shields from the Undead Asylum, so my loadout for Asylum demon was: RH1 - Plank Shield, LH1 - Club, RH2 - Straight Sword Hilt. The deprived don't get any clothes at the Asylum, so I was nekkid for that as well, and I hadn't quite figured out how items were gonna work at this point in the run, so I basically just had the Estus Flask equipped which doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

    After a bunch of L2 clubbing, Asylum Demon fell, and off to Firelink Shrine where things get a bit more interesting.

    It's your prerogative what you do with souls (it might be smart to save them up for weapon and armor upgrades later, but I'm still testing things out), but I started by adding three levels to my stats. Using a 1d8 or a website that'll do it for you, assign a numerical to each stat, roll for each Soul Level you want, and fill in accordingly. (I believe it was attunement, endurance, endurance for me.)

    Next up we have our first NPC. Whenever you see an NPC, flip a coin. Heads they live. Tails they dies. (If you find any NPC is too strong to face right when you get to them, whether that's because of level or because you have a shit loadout at that moment, that's okay. You must attempt to kill them at least once. If you fail, you can leave them be, but 1) make a note because they must be dead before you kill Gwyn and 2) they must remain aggressive until you kill them). Thankfully I got heads, so I won't have an angry man slashing at me at FS indefinitely.

    Next I went about collecting various environment pickups in FS. First, I ran by Petrus to the elevators. Flipped another coin. He lives as well. Collected the various items underneath the ruins near the graveyard. So let's talk weapons first.

    At this point, I had five potential weapons: Plank shield, broken sword, club, morning star, and the talisman. I gave them each numbers (basically whatever order they show up in the menu is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and got my first loadout that excluded one of my potential weapons. You must keep every weapon you pick up, and anything that you can wield must be included in your rolls (that includes talismans and catalysts even if you don't have any miracles or spells yet basically killing a slot until you remedy that).

    Important distinction: you get to decide which treasure chests and items in any given environment you pick up, but you must pick up any and all enemy drops. As soon as you get a new weapon or item and it is safe to do so, roll again for a completely new loadout. (Also, what I'm doing is making myself pick up every single environment drop possible before killing Gwyn, but that's more for me to really locate every bit of everything and you can take that or leave that.) I'm also storing any duplicated weapons and armor in the bottomless box to feed to Frampt later to avoid something like a shortsword or hollow soldier waistcloth having better odds of being selected randomly.

    It's basically the same thing with items. By the time you have the morning star and talisman, you'll probably have more than five items. Assign numbers and roll to figure out which items you can equip. Some specific rules I've come across with items: 1) you can only use humanity and souls if you roll them into your item slots 2) Estus Flask is not guaranteed, but if you're in a bind and want to reroll to try to get it into your slots, you can use up something like firebombs or throwing knives to get another chance 3) If your Estus Flask is depleted, you can choose to reroll to replace it and hope for humanities or divine blessings to find their way into your slot, or you can tough it out until you next reach a bonfire.

    I didn't get most of the items from the graveyard, but I did stop by New Londo Ruins collecting and rerolling there. There I decided that so long as you don't see an NPC, you don't have to flip for their lives yet, and since I didn't have any reason to speak with Rickert yet, I left his fate for another time.

    Next I was off to Undead Burg where I slowly worked my way through with a pretty badass Estoc/Morning Star thing I happened to get. Undead Merchant ALSO escaped with his life, so I bought a bunch of weapons from him (except his shields) to dilute my chances of getting particularly shitty weapons. Attempted black knight, got wrekt. After a bit of grinding and rerolling, felt comfy heading to Taurus Demon like this:

    RH1 - Morning Star, LH1 - Straight Sword Hilt, RH2 - Plank shield, LH2 - Club

    Hollow Soldier Helm, Chain Armor, Leather Gauntlets, Hollow Warrior Waistcloth

    Cracked Red Eye Orb, Darksign, Homeward Bone, Estus Flask, Black Firebomb

    Bombed him and maced him a bit, easy peasy.

    And now it wouldn't be Dark Souls without a tragedy, so I went on to greet Solaire only to flip tails for the first time tonight. Solaire's dead. I'm wearing some of his armor now, and excited to continue this weird runthrough tomorrow.

    Anybody interested in hearing how the rest of this goes?

    I'd love to hear any ideas you have that can add more chaos to it. I don't think I want chance to determine anything route-wise and leave that to the player except I may do a roll to determine a killing order for Seath, Nito, Four Kings, and Bed of Chaos.

    The main thing I'm enjoying so far is having to constantly adapt my fighting style because it's forcing me to use a bunch of armor and weapons I never would normally touch (Estoc I really enjoyed! Fat roll not so much.) I'm looking forward to developing smithing strats too in order to make sure some of my weaker weapons don't remain total trash into the later game.

    The only downside is having to constantly reroll for new loadouts does slow the pace down a good bit (like the actual having to go into the menu and change things not the pace of the fights being affected by weaker weapons), but I don't even really mind this since it's forcing me to be crafty with how I play and think about each move I make instead of just dumping points into STR DEX or INT and slaughtering anything that comes my way.

    SL18 when I stopped tonight with

    VIT 15

    ATT 13

    END 13

    STR 12

    DEX 12

    RES 11

    INT 12

    FAI 12

    and 6 Humanity

    TL;DR Wanted to do something chaotic to spice up my console playthrough, think I've hit on something really fun for me specifically that would maybe be fun for you too.

    submitted by /u/dianndycampsonyen
    [link] [comments]

    So about seath...

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:51 PM PST

    So for background i was stuck on tomb of the giants for about a year and then yesterday i finally managed to beat nito, then i went into the dukes archives, eventually i got to seath, people had hyped me up for this boss saying its the hardest of the four lords, allot of hype, i was gonna have a real tough time i thought, but then i beat him with one try, only thing you need is to heal and destroy that light crystal, while blocking then hit him.

    So what i mean is that i thought he would have been alot harder and am kinda dissapointed in him i thought i would have had a real good fight but i guess not

    submitted by /u/paleblood34
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the 4 kings

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:35 PM PST

    I have now beat the four kings and Seath the scaleless. Who should I kill next bed of chaos or gl Nito and how do I get to them

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    What does the copper coin description imply?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:46 PM PST

    So, the description of the copper coins says that people who dream of returning to the outside world carry them around. Does this mean that Lordran and the realms around it are not real? Or that only those realms are affected by the First Flame, and the "outer world" is not? And what is the outer world?

    submitted by /u/montag_ner
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to Manus’ soul?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:17 AM PST

    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/darksouls/images/9/91/Soul_of_Manus.png/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/450?cb=20130119224221

    In dark souls one The chosen undead kills manus and obtains his soul. So my question is what happens and happened to it? Was it burnt with The chosen unDead in the first flame? Is his soul even possible to be burned ? Or was it left around ? Like what do you think exactly happened to it? This is important because that Soul is a chunk of the Dark soul .

    submitted by /u/Machaira1664
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat ornstein and smough! Loving this game. Should I skip DS2/3 and go to blood borne after I’m done?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:18 AM PST

    I have blood borne on the ps4. I was wondering what the consensus was as far as game quality. I feel like I'm decently close to finishing ds1, and figured I would play blood borne after I'm done. However I do know there is ds2 and 3, so would I be missing too much if I skipped those? I figured I would just watch some lore analysis vids for those two if I skipped to blood borne

    submitted by /u/chotsbots
    [link] [comments]

    Da4kmoon Blade/Souvenir of Reprisal

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:48 PM PST

    I don't know if I can ask this here, but does anybody have any extra Souvenir of Reprisal? I just need 5

    submitted by /u/lancer077
    [link] [comments]

    dArK BeAd

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:33 AM PST

    Where do you lvl 2 twinks get off on using dark bead to oneshot people at low level? It's so easy to do, very safe, and extremely broken. Its nigh impossible to get the build without hacking in the spells to do it. You use that unearned advantage, and a complete lack of skill, to crush noobies with damage a full havel kit couldn't survive. You are all cowards and cheaters, and I'm sick and tired of pretending you're not.

    Fromsoft should have come out with a balance patch for the spell, I have no idea why it remains in the game in its broken state.

    submitted by /u/Funmaster524
    [link] [comments]

    Plin plin plon cover by PanPiano. Praise the sun!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:30 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymBDiMG0Dw

    Usually known for sexy cosplays, she does these every now and then to remind viewers that her piano skills are pretty good as well. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/snowysnowy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment